I took Little Max to the doctor last week for his two year check up. He had a great check up and its a blessing to leave with a healthy child. We had to wait for a little while and the nurse called us back and I grabbed our stuff and said come on Max lets go its our turn and he started running and turned the corner and stopped. He was NOT going through that door!! It was so funny, he backed himself up and stood against a wall until I grabbed him and in we went. Since he is such a Big Boy I was anxious to hear how much he weighed. So his stats are:
weight- 32 pounds
height- 36 inches
Head- very large!
Can`t remember, but we know its big! Most turtle- necks will barely fit over his head and its an awful moment while dressing him!
As usual, he is about off the charts. Dr. Wood estimates that he will be about 6'1" to 6'2". WOW! that is a tall for us! I`m so excited to hear that he will be a big, tall, strong boy! Speaking of his strength....it is about impossible to physically force him to do things such as sitting in a stroller, putting him in a car seat, etc. If he does not want to do that at the moment and he starts bucking his body, I usually give up because he is so strong. When I spank him for doing these things he is devastated, it crushes his little heart and has huge tears and then I feel awful!! He truly is so sweet and his feelings can get so hurt, but on the other side he is so tough and will usually win if fighting over a toy with Adeline. He has outgrown all of his winter clothes. Max and I kept his class on Sunday morning for Sunday School and we realized even more how big he is. He is truly much bigger than those in his class. It is so funny to see him playing. He is a little rough and we have to work on that! I`m not so worried about his talking after seeing all the other children his age because they didn't talk much either.
Back to the visit, he had his finger pricked and did not shed a tear he was just very concerned about the band-aid on his finger and ripped it off and then he did get one shot in the thigh and he had huge tears. I dread when they get shots. I feel so helpless and they look at you like why did you let this happen?? We were finally finished and he got a sticker and we were good to go!! he is so much fun these days, when he is not running from me, and he loves his mama so much! he still cries when we drop him off at church and MMO 2 days a week. They say he stops right away, but it still breaks my heart to leave him as he is crying. He is the BEST sleeper. sleeps till about 8:30 every morning and loves his crib so much! He is such a JOY!!
I totally understand about those great big boys. Max is so precious in class. He reminds me so much of Jack, so, he's my buddy when I keep him on my Sunday :) If I recall correctly, Jack was 37 1/2 inches tall and about 34 lbs. He's grown almost 2 more inches in 6 months. He is so much bigger than everyone in his class. We're going to have our hands full and empty pockets when it comes time to feeding them when they turn into teenagers :)
ReplyDelete