Monday, December 21, 2009

Sweet Mary and a Wild Joseph!!

Adeline as Mary taking care of her Baby Jesus


Swaddling him!

She decided to bring her cradle in the den .....


She is such a good little mother and things are going great and then.......

Joseph arrives!!!! ( please excuse his dirty shirt, he had just eaten dinner and is a mess)
He is so excited to see Baby Jesus, I am telling him to just look, do not TOUCH!

Adeline is telling him the same thing....

The he begins to attack the baby with a teapot that has pretend tea in it.......

Adeline is trying to protect Jesus and wrap him back up as Joseph still puts the teapot in his face.........

He then decides to pick up the cradle.............

She is trying to get her cradle back and stop him.........

He WINS and starts to violently rock the cradle...........

Now Joseph is protecting the cradle and will not leave it.......


Adeline is saying, " No Max, be gentle, just look"

Then it starts...........He throws his body on top of her ............

She is looking for help..............

he knows she is bigger, but he is stronger!!

he loves to lay on top of her and.............
then he WINs again, she starts crying, and he has basically smothered her and
then we get Jesus back in his cradle and take a bath

After bath, while I get Adeline dressed, Joseph runs off as usual and I hear her saying "oh no mommy, come quick"

He threw all the blankets out and I guess thought he would be baby Jesus
Jesus has been thrown on the floor and he jumps out of the cradle and I am exhausted from all the drama and put Joseph straight to bed!! Mary gathers her stuff, baby Jesus and is so relieved Joseph is asleep!!
Adeline understands for the most part what Christmas is about.......Jesus`s Birthday!! With everything we talk about at home, what she learns at pre-school, what she learns at Sunday school , nativity scenes in our house and going to a LIVE Nativity Scene, she has become obsessed with being Mary. Some friends of ours, the Phillips, do a Live Nativity Scene in their neighborhood Saturday and Sunday night of this past weekend. All the neighborhood children and friends dress as angels, wise men, Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus. They even have real animals. This year Clay had a huge Camel and two donkeys and two sheep. It is so neat to go by and see the large crowd watching this live Nativity while the children are singing!! After we got home Adeline wanted me to put her blanket around her head to look like Mary. Then we wrapped one of her baby dolls to be Jesus. I sang Away in a Manger about 15 times and she rocked and sat with baby Jesus in front of the fire. Well, I didn't get my camera out that night, but tonight when She was pretending to be Mary again I had to get my camera. She started out by herself and she would ask who could be Joseph?? who could be the wise men?? I would say Little Max or Daddy and she would say not Max. After a little while of more singing, she wanted some hay to lay Jesus on. Well, we do not have any extra hay laying around, so she brought her baby doll cradle in the den and put baby Jesus to sleep. Guess who decided to be a WILD, out of control Joseph and join in on violently rocking and throwing baby Jesus???
our precious baby Max!!

1 comment:

  1. Hysterical!!! I could not help but laugh out loud! I so remember my brothers doing that to me. Miss talking to you.
    Mal

    ReplyDelete