Wednesday, December 16, 2009

NEW YORK CITY!!!

We had a baby shower for Jennifer the first night we arrived. Britney had everything decorated perfectly! Her house is so charming!!

Britney, Jenn, Sarah and Lucy

Me, Jenn, Sarah and Lucy

In the city!

Carlo`s Bakery

Many of you have probably seen Cake Boss on t.v. We tried to go, but the show has made the bakery so popular and the lines are so long!! I did peak through the window and saw one of his sisters and one of the little boys on the show. The cakes in the window looked wonderful!!


The closest we could get to Buddy!

shopping at Macy`s


Waiting outside of Macy`s. I have never seen New York that crowded at Christmas and I have been several times at Christmas. You couldn't`t even move in the department stores!


The Tree!!


So, I just got back from from the best weekend with Britney, Sarah, Jenn and Lucy!! They are all best friends of mine from Auburn and we were all Alpha Gams together! We missed Kelly, Becca, Anna and Layne who could not make it. We flew to New Jersey and stayed with Britney in her adorable new home. She lives in the cutest neighborhood in Scotch Plains, in the most adorable home. The house is the neatest, cleanest, most organized house I have ever been in!! It is decorated perfectly!! She and Pete were so sweet to put up with all of us and our stuff. They have these stairs in their house that turn as you walk up them and are kinda narrow in width, well Jenn slipped the first night ( she is pregnant too, but was fine), I slipped the last night and have two large bruises on my back, Lucy slipped on the steps outside because it was icy and Sarah slipped at some point too and Pete just happened to be sitting downstairs watching every time this happened. I know he thinks we are klutzy`s, but they were slippery with socks on!
Anyway, so we arrived on Thursday night. I was so nervous about flying. I had not flown in 4 years, since I was pregnant with Adeline and its just different when your leaving your children behind and your husband! I arrived in Atlanta and flew with Jenn, Sarah and Lucy. Our luggage all arrived and we had an interesting flight, but good! Brit picked us up and the fun began. It was freezing there too!!
We gave Jenn a little baby shower the first night we got there. She is not finding out the sex, so she got some good practical things! We stayed up late and sat by the fire! The nest morning or should I say at lunch we headed to the BEST shopping trip of my life. Britney took us to these outlets further North in New Jersey and they had everything! I will name a few: Coach, Gap, Old Navy, Tory Burch, Coach, Vineyard Vines, Joes Jeans, Seven, J crew, Saks, Neimans, Columbia, Uggs, Kate Spade, David Yurman, etc. They were fabulous!! We shopped for about 7 hours there and we could have stayed longer!! Lucy and I did the most damage there! I finished up some Christmas shopping too! Good thing Britney works for FedEx and she was able to ship some stuff back to us at a great rate!! We went to dinner that night in Hoboken where Britney and Pete used to live. It was so neat and the waiter asked us where we were from because of our accents and we told him we all went to Auburn for college and he was like really?, the bartender here went to Auburn. What a small world!!
The next morning, Saturday we went to New York for the day! I love the city at Christmas, it is beautiful! We did go to the the most fabulous baby store ever. Its called Bye Bye Baby, I think. Its like a Bed, bath, and Beyond set up , but nothing but baby stuff. They had every stroller, car seat, crib, paci, bottle, in the world. Wish we could get one in the South!!
Sadly, we had to leave the next day. The weather was bad and our flights were delayed. I finally made it home and finally got my suitcase back!!!!
Thanks Brit for a great weekend!! Looking forward to the next one!





















No comments:

Post a Comment