Max has been to Talledega a couple times, but he said the race style was totally different. I had no idea that Dale Jr wouldn't be there. He quickly told me not to say that in front of anyone else! HA!! I do not keep up with racing and as much fun as I had, I can say that I have no plans to attend another race, unless we are treated like VIP`s again. :)
We felt very important for just about 20 minutes!
they all love her, especially the men who love these races!
We had the BEST time in Indianapolis! I am so glad we went. It was a great getaway, which we never do and it was fun! Everyone was so nice there and we really enjoyed the city. The race experience was exciting. Those cars go so fast! Some of the celebrities that were there were: The Kardashian sisters, Jewel, Florence Henderson, Jack Nicholson, Ashley and Naomi Judd (Ashley's husband won the race),Mark Walhberg, Jim Neighbors (Gomer Pile), Mario Lopez, and several other athlete's. The Indy 500 was one of the most patriotic events I have ever been too! It was very neat to see all the troops there and they recognized them by riding them around the track and they marched around the track and had standing ovations. The sang every patriotic song you could think of, had an opening prayer , jets flew over and released all the balloons. It was very special. I have a huge heart for those who are serving, have served and have fallen for our freedom. The military sacrifice so much and their families do too! My dad was a marine and both my grandfathers served and we have an older cousin who is a commander and serves in Iraq and I'm so proud of them! We actually have a lot of military families in our neighborhood and they are getting ready to move next week again. they move every year to 3 years. Can you imagine having to do that with your children? I cannot and I am so thankful for them and what they do for our country!
So I got off the subject, but the race was great and we were so excited to get home and see our children. They had the best time at the lake and did not want to leave. I`m also thankful for wonderful grandparents!!
No comments:
Post a Comment