Monday, June 7, 2010

The beach and a little oil!

Headed to the beach!
The boat skimming for oil, not what we are used to seeing, but who knows how long this will last?

The tar balls on Little Max`s feet, it took about 2 hours for this to happen and of course it was hard to tell him not to step on the oil stuff!

Thousands of these tar balls have hit Orange Beach. I am so sad this is happening and I`m afraid it will get much worse! They said these just showed up today where we go to the beach.
Looks like melted chocolate and sticks to your skin and leaves a brown stain. It got on their beach toys and was really annoying to clean up, so I can`t imagine what it would be like if it gets a lot worse!

Sorry for this picture, but I wanted to show how it got on the bottom of her swimsuit and I`m sure it will stain!
They loved running up and down these sand walls!



We are at the beach for a week and I am so sad that the oil is starting to arrive! It is not bad, but kinda annoying to deal with at the beach. I am so worried for all the hotels, restaurants, and shops that survive on tourism in the summer. This is devastating to the Gulf Coast! I have grown up coming to Orange Beach and its like a second home to me, so I especially hate to see this happen to a place I love. We are just praying it doesnt get too bad!

1 comment:

  1. We just got back from being down there for a week. The day we left they said the oil was just starting to come ashore in certain places there, its so sad. I hope you all are having a great time despite that, you're pictures are so cute

    ReplyDelete