Thursday, November 19, 2009

Operation Christmas Child

They are so excited about helping out!
Max is really concentrating on what he is supposed to put in his box!

Playing with the toys!
Finished Boxes!

Max running from me!

Laughing so hard!!

His hair looks really greasy in all these because Adeline put her glitter lip gloss in his hair. Before we were about to leave the house, she came in the bathroom and told me she put hair glitter in his hair. Well, I knew she didn't have anymore because I threw it all away, so I didn't think much about it. Then about an thirty minutes later I noticed the grease and glitter in his hair and we were already at our first stop so he spent most of the day like this!! Good thing he could care less!!
Every year we participate in Operation Christmas Child and this is the first year where they could both help (kinda). We loaded up and headed out to buy all our toys. We did one boy box and one girl box for age 2 to 4. This was easy to shop for because these are our ages! They wanted to buy everything, but the boxes are small so you have to limit yourself and make sure you can put the most stuff in them. Of course Max does not understand the point of the shoes boxes, but Adeline does. I want to make sure that they know this is a time of year to give to others, not just to receive and that the real reason we celebrate Christmas is for Jesus Birth, not the toys Santa brings. This is still hard for a 3 1/2 year old to understand, but the more we do it, the more she will get it!! Adeline loved talking about the little girl who would get her box and how excited she would be!! Max only helped for a minute or two and then ran off with half his stuff for his box and then I had to track him and all the toys down!







1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you have already sent your boxes off or not, but if you pay for them online they will track your box and send you an email telling you where it goes. That is too funny about the glitter. I bet that was fun to get out!

    ReplyDelete