Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day of Pre-School

This is how she started out.....not a morning person, just like me!!
Then she was super excited!!

Max did not want to put his backpack on, but when Adeline decided to wear it, then he wanted!

Max finally wins!

All ready for her first big day in the 3 year old class!

This what Max thought of riding in the car to school and


sissy was excited though!

Some of our friends....Ross and Mary Townsend Sanders ( Max wasn`t sure about being in the picture with everyone)


Adeline with Ross

They were both so excited daddy came to go with us to their first day!!


Max and mommy right before we dropped him off. He was so excited running around and then when I left him he just lost it. I knew he would. This was his first time besides going to church and I told his teachers his bear is in his bag and paci to comfort him.


A few minutes after we walked Adeline to her class we came back by and Max was sitting with Mrs. Mary very content with his favorite things! When I picked him up he was sitting this same way four hours later in Mrs. Linda's lap asleep. He was exhausted!! He still takes a morning nap sometimes and I knew he could barely make it this long. He will adjust though and its just two mornings a week.

Adeline with Mrs. Christy her teacher!


Adeline and mommy


Adeline in her assigned seat. She was the only girl in her class the first day with 7 boys. They were supposed to have 3 little girls and one girl went to another church and then the other little girl did not show up the first day. All the churches here have so many more little boys than girls!! We need more girls in Montgomery!!


Adeline and Daddy!

After a great day at pre-school!
They both started pre-school on Wednesday and did great! Adeline will go 3 mornings and Max will go 2 mornings a week. I hated to send Max but it is just getting too hard to keep taking him with me to work on those 2 days and plus he needs to be around other children besides sissy. I had four solid hours to myself. It was wonderful!! I went to Wal-Mart and did some other shopping alone! I am so used to rushing and hurrying when the kids are with me, so I almost didn't even know what to do with my time! It was so fun to arrive at church that morning with all the other children. Max was so excited running around and then figured out where he was going. I know it will get better though for him. On the way to church which is only a few minutes from our house Adeline gave Max a pep talk.
Adeline said: "Max don`t pout you have to be patient. Max were going to school, you have to be a big boy. Max you have to say yes mam and no mam and use your manners Max. Max, its going to be a great day, OK!
Well, if you know Adeline you know I didn't make this up. I can still hear her saying it. It was so sweet and cute! She was obviously telling him things I have said to her. He did not respond and just looked at her, like I`m not listening to you and I am not going to church today!!
She is a great big sissy to him as he calls her and a little bossy we could say or motherly!
I am so thankful they are at a great church and so sad that they are getting so big!!


















1 comment:

  1. Georgia is the only girl in her class too! At first that made me sad, but it seems that she is getting A LOT of attention from her teachers because they like to do "girly" things with her that the boys won't do :)

    ReplyDelete