We have been so busy and I am way behind on blogging and sometimes their are just not enough hours in the day. I have been sick with this awful sinus infection, cough, ear infection and then Little Max got....
He has been pitiful. This is the first time one of my kids has had strep.
He has been laying either on the couch, my lap, my bed or the floors for 2 days! Normally, i wouldn`t have the time to take pictures of my sick little ones ( especially when your being thrown up on), but to have him sitting still for more than five minutes has actually been nice!
He couldn't`t even hold down Tylenol without throwing up and I was at the doctor and told them he had thrown up a few hours ago and his fever was still high, so they said we will try it again and minutes later he was sick EVERYWHERE in room. It was awful!! First time for this too!! We stripped his clothes and put on a blue gown. 2 1/2 hours later, we left with a penicillin shot, and these 2 Nemo stickers. This was the worst shot ever!!! It was so thick and took forever to go in. Adeline was with me and she is such a mommy!! She was helping me, helping the nurse, then answered my cell phone and was talking to someone while I was in the middle of dealing with throw up everywhere. I finally said Adeline can you maybe stop talking for 5 minutes? I need you to hang up the phone!! But mama I am talking. Adeline who are you talking too?, please hang up the phone and help me move to the other room. Mama, I'm talking to Allison and she is on her way to get me because I cannot handle this throw up, its disgusting!! .......yes those were her exact words and she is 4 1/2!
We are loving gymnastics this year!!
After bath time fun!
Little Max is shooting at us while she is performing!
She is showing me some ballet and dancing moves!
Watch out Dancing with the Stars!!
I wanted to give an update on Little Max and the paci. He had done so well and much better than I thought. He only asked for it a few times the first week and then moved on. The only hard part was getting him to go to bed. He always sucked his paci and rubbed his bear on his face and nose and this helped to comfort him and make him sleepy. So, when we would lay him down after reading books ( several books) he would then get up and play in his room. Then I started rocking him and this worked and at nap time I rocked him and still do! Its some of the sweetest times with him. To see him fall sleep in my arms and snuggle, I love it!! Now, we only read one or two books, say our prayers, rock a few minutes and then he goes to sleep. I am one of those who loves to rock a baby and has thoroughly used my rocker in nursery. yes, Max is a big boy, but i will never regret these days of rocking him to sleep!! They grow so fast!! He is your typical 2 year old little boy who is full of life and loves to laugh and play hard! He gives big hugs and sweet kisses and loves his mama!! he is talking a lot more and loves saying "my frieeendzzzz", these are his friends at preschool. I have had this really bad cough and if he hears me coughing he will pat me on the back, At first I was confused because he walks across the room or comes up behind me and pats me hard and then I realized it was because I was coughing. He wasnt just hitting me. :) It is so sweet!!
Adeline has been loving school this year and is doing really well! Her teacher tells me how sweet she is and so does her ballet teacher, so this is very heart warming! She loves everything about pre-school and tells me EVERYTHING that happens or what her teacher said, who got in trouble, what events are coming up, what she needs to bring to school, etc. She keeps me in line and is a talking calendar! She reminds me of everything and does not forget anything. So if you tell her something, you better follow through with it or she will talk about until it happens! She still gives Max a pep talk on the way to preschool and I do not ask her to do this. Its actually very sweet and goes like this, "Max were going to school okay, you need to be a Big boy okay???" "Do not cry okay! I am there with you and so are your friends okay!!" You will have fun!"
His response.... "NO SISSY!!"
She just stares out the window and sighs!!!
I know exactly how you feel Adeline!!
She is such a mess and my little best friend. She is still very opinionated in the mornings when getting dressed. She wants to wear a dress everyday of the year, so it will be great when she wears uniforms next school year! She loves to play make-up and fix my hair. She is loving Chrissa ( American girl doll) even more. They dress alike and she is tended too all the time. She wants a triple stroller for Christmas to stroll all 3 American dolls in. Those things cost as much as a normal stroller, hopefully Target makes one! I will find Chrissa in my bed or Max`s or on the couch with a blanket or sitting at the table in a chair and I have to take a double look because it she looks so real!
I love Fall and all the Fall activities and Pumpkin Parties we have coming up. More pictures to come soon!
Happy Fall!
Oh I hope yall are better soon! We've been passing the YUCK around our house too. FOR 2 WEEKS, and I'm so done with it! I hate when the kids are sick. Its so sad! Ours involved colds AND throw up too. I loved reading Adeline's convo with you at the doctor's office to Dru. Shes precious!
ReplyDelete