Adeline has been talking a lot and asking tons of questions about heaven. Her typical questions are "are my friends going to be there", " we get to see our granddaddy's right?", "where will we sleep", "are the princesses in heaven", "are you gonna be there mama", and "when are we coming home." Its a lot for a 4 year old to understand and grasp. I try my best to explain things her and tried to explain that heaven is our eternal home. She is soaking it all up. She gets to go to BIG church with us and then leave for children's church now. (which makes her daddy a nervous wreck, he doesn't even like for me to whisper something to him during the service, much less a 4 year old wiggling. I think its so funny!) She takes her bible to church with her and it is a picture bible she has had since she was born, so we decided she needed a big girl bible to take to big church. She has one request......a pink bible! So, off to Lifeway and I had in mind my Precious Moments bible I had growing up and as I was looking on the children's aisle I found a PINK Precious Moments bible. PERFECT!! i love the sweet illustrated pages! I couldn't`t wait to give it to her, so once daddy got him we gave it to her and she has literally not let it leave side. She sleeps with it, wants to take it with us everywhere and we read it several times a day. Ever since bible school she has been so eager to learn about Jesus, which I am so glad its Jesus and not something else she is obsessed with! Well, I picked her up from pre-school on Tuesday and she said mama" I saw Joseph today" and I said Joseph who? I know all the kids in her class and didn't recognize Josephs name. She said" no mama, I saw Joseph from the bible." well, that explains the man I saw dressed up getting out of his car as I dropped them off. Then she said very dramatically" Mama can you even believe I saw Joseph from the bible and he had pictures to show us.......it was amazing!!!!!" She uses some really funny expressions these days. One of her favorite words is adorable. Oh mommy that is so adorable or mommy I look adorable!! I think she is 4 going on 14!! she is growing up so fast and I love spending time with her, as I type she is playing beauty shop. We do this everyday and night. I end up with 25 clippies in my hair, she puts lotion on my legs and pretends to give me pedicures and manicures. It is actually wonderful! I love have my hair played with and makes me want to fall sleep!
Speaking of hair, we went to get haircuts yesterday and something came over Little Max and he just lost it! he usually walks in, picks out his sucker/gum and happily speaks to everyone and climbs in the chair. Everyone loves him! He was NOT going to get his haircut. It was a major scene and she barely could cut it. It looks much better, but uneven. We now know that we will stick to morning haircuts.
Sweet Adeline!! That is so precious!!!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet. I definetly think Simms need a Precious Moments Bible. I never had one, and always loved the illustrations in my friend's bibles who did have them! They are such sweet pictures!
ReplyDelete