Wednesday, July 22, 2009

No More Paci`s for Adeline




We finally decided it was time to take Adeline`s paci away. This was a very sad day for her and me. We have been putting this off for a very long time. I have been dreading doing it because she loves her paci so much and it helps with nap time and bedtime. We put all the pink ones in an envelope and mailed them to Baby Sterling ( her cousin). She was so proud of herself!! Little Max still uses them so this is kinda hard too! The first night was pretty rough. She probaly asked for her paci about 100 times. I stayed with her until she feel asleep and we sang hundreds of songs. She made it until about 3 am and came running in her room hysterical about not being able to find her paci. She calmed down and then fell back asleep in my arms. The next morning she decided to sneak into Maxs room and get one out of his crinb, but I caught her and she put it back. She has periodically asked for it since Monday and sometimes tells me she wants to get them back out of the mailbox, so I had to show her the mail lady, not mailman picked them up and sent them to Sterling. Last night was much better and she did so good! I know it will take a little bit longer, but she has done better than I thought and I am so proud of her!! We continue to tell her that Cinderella does not allow paci`s at the Castle and she then gets excited about her up coming trip!!


1 comment:

  1. Tell that sweet girl that Sterling says thank you for the pacis.

    ReplyDelete